The streets of Kobe with their foreign-like feeling are full of places popular among couples.There are plenty of visiting spots: you can enjoy the bay side area, walk along
the fashionable streets or go a little further to see the longest hanging bridge in the world.The former foreign settlement of Kobe can provide excellent pictures by only
taking photos in front of a retro-looking building.Please enjoy your time in by some lovely photos.
Kobe Kitano-ijinkan Town
Kobe Harborland Umie
Mitsui Outlet Park Marin Pia Kobe
- 11:00a.m.Arrive to the hotel
- 11:30a.m.Kobe Port Tower
- 12:00noonWalk on the bay side
- 12:15p.m.Kobe Harborland Umie
- 1:30p.m.Kobe Kitano-ijinkan Town
- 5:00p.m.Check in at the hotel
- 6:00p.m.Kobe Venus Bridge
- 9:00p.m.Stay overnight at Hotel Okura Kobe
- Arrival at hotel [bay area]
- Upon arriving at hotel, since it is a little bit too early for check in, leave luggage and go out,Relax on a bench in Meriken Park close to the hotel, let the warm sun rays wrap you around and watch ships coming and going. Go to Kobe Port Tower, while looking for some wonderful photo spots.
- Kobe Port Tower [bay area]
- Kobe Port Tower, the landmark of port city Kobe, has a panorama platform from which you can have a view over the entire Kobe.
- Walk on the bay side [bay area]
- Have a talk while walking along the bay side walk way for Kobe Harborland Umie.
- Kobe Harborland Umie [bay area]
- The area that is most representative for the port city Kobe, with Kobe Brick Warehouses and the Big Wheel is a very popular spot for couples. We recommend to you to have lunch here as there also are fashionable restaurants and coffee shops. Take a lot of souvenir photographs while enjoying the view to the harbor.
- Kobe Kitano-Ijinkan Town
- The Ijinkan Town, where occidental buildings lay in a row bearing a foreign-like feeling, is preserved to display a shade of Meiji and Taisho eras.Starting with the Uroko-no-ie and the Weather cock House, which are familiar from magazines and TV, you can admire very individual buildings, such as the England House, the Rhine House and so on within the Ijinkan Town.Please enjoy going and seeing around the foreign buildings at your ease. An all-through passport ticket is available.
- Let’s go if we have time!
- You can watch eat and experiment on your own within the retro-looking building of the Former Kitano Elementary School, as you can find there Kobe-brand sweets and do-it-yourself workshops.
- Hotel Okura Kobe [hotel check in]
- Kobe Venus Bridge [Shin-Kobe area]
- Kobe Venus Bridge, situated at about 15 minutes by car from the hotel, is a popular spot for couples, having a beautiful night view over the city.
- There are many restaurants where you can relish with Kobe beef, starting with the Teppanyaki restaurant of the hotel. Please get advice from hotel staff.
- Stay overnight at Hotel Okura Kobe
- You can enjoy a night view over the whole city of Kobe from the room you accommodate in.Turn of the light and open the curtain to get a night view over the brilliant Kobe just before your eyes.
- 9:00a.m.Breakfast at Hotel Okura Kobe
- 10:30a.m.The former foreign settlement
- 3:00p.m.Mitsui Outlet Park Marin Pia Kobe
- Breakfast at Hotel Okura Kobe [Breakfast]
- Please enjoy at your ease a breakfast that makes the pride of our Hotel Okura Kobe, starting with egg dishes made by our chefs before your eyes, freshly baked bread and our hotel’s traditional French toast.
- The former foreign settlement [Motomachi area]
- In the former foreign settlement, where Japan is combined with occidental culture, you can enjoy old-flavored massive retro buildings made of stone during the Taisho period, starting with traditional buildings designed by Vories.This area also has various shops that sell coffee and sweets together with famous brand shops that are enjoyable even only for window shopping.
- Nankin-machi [Sannomiya, Motomachi area]
- One of the three greatest Chinatowns in Japan, Kobe Nankin-machi has a row of restaurants and street-stands where you can taste Chinese dishes just like in their home place.
- Mitsui Outlet Park Marin Pia Kobe
[Akashi, Tarumi area]
- The outlet mall facing the sea, from where one can enjoy the sight of the longest hanging bridge in the world, the Great Bridge of Akashi Straits that links Awaji island to Maiko, is a suburb popular among couples.A dynamic sea scenery can be watched during the day, and the illumination of the great beautiful bridge, also called “Pearl Bridge”, can be viewed after sunset.